Long commute to B-school?? These Podcasts will help pass the time.? Best of all, you’ll arrive a little smarter and be warmed up for the day’s MBA learning experience. Below are a series of links that will take you to podcast “channels” suited well to graduate business students, or anyone keenly interested in business.
Many of these Podcasts can be listened to and easily understood buy non-business students.
- MBA Podcaster – I’d recommend this one for those considering an MBA program, and those looking to get accepted to one.? Subjects like admissions essays, interviews and GMAT tips are covered in detail.
- Career Tools – A useful tip or two each week on managing your own career and what to do in sticky situations that can come up at the workplace.
- Venture Voice – Imagine spending an hour with one successful entrepreneur from Dragon’s Den/Shark Tank and finding out the story behind the story.? That’s what you’ll get with Venture Voice.? The target audience is other entrepreneurs, so the hosts get right into the nitty gritty of these young but successful businesses.
- Duct Tape Marketing – A must-listen for those interested in marketing and small business.? Focuses on DIY practical marketing ideas for companies without giant budgets.
General Business & Economy
- NPR’s Planet Money – Fans of NPR’s This American Life will love this one.? The hosts of this show adopt the same format: explaining trends and concepts through interviews with ordinary people.? The topic matter is all things economy, with a focus on the US.? You’ll find this one charming, understandable and at times even witty.
- NPR’s Business Story of the Day – Exactly what you’d think.? Useful for a bit of analysis behind some current business news stories.
- Business Week Covercast – This is an interview between the Manageing Editor of Business Week Magazine and the author of the current week’s cover story.? Check this one out for an in-depth look at the making of the week’s biggest business stories.
Do you have any of your own favorite Podcasts to share with us?